Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Discipline - how hard is that?

Many of you might not know, I had kinda strayed quite far away from many of the things I should prioritize in life, like God, family, studies, work... all because of the lack of one thing - DISCIPLINE.

How hard can that be? Well, it's like, I KNOW what I am supposed to do, I KNOW what is important to me, and yet... I didn't do any of them. Simply because of the lack of discipline, coupled together, probably, with ignorance and complacency and pride. Sigh.....

I would truly like to thank my darling for accepting this weakness of mine, and instead of condemning me and scolding me and disliking me and disowning me, she encouraged me to change and this is what I will definitely put a conscious effort to do. Not just because of her, but mainly, because I realized, that I had too many things to give thanks to God for. He had done too many wonderful stuffs in my life, and if I start naming all of them, it would take a really long time. Besides, if it was not for God, I wouldn't be here today. I wouldn't have anything too, like good health, great friends, superb life partner, good job, etc.

So I disciplined myself and I made a great head start today! Thank God! Read the Word & prayed for about an hour. I learnt that I should no longer be a slave to sins but a slave to righteousness. A man cannot serve 2 masters. And gratitude to God... ah, such an important and meaningful attitude to have in every believer. I always find that, whenever I got "lost", just by thinking about His great love would instantly fill my heart with gratitude to Him, and the rest is history :)

More work to be done tonight - need to re-organize and re-plan my entire life. Setting priorities, formulating action plans, praying in the Spirit, and re-aligning my daily activities to be in line with what pleases Him..... all that desperately NEEDS to be done. Alas, I need faith and most importantly, DISCIPLINE too, to put all that into actions, not just remain as mere words of the mouth or thoughts of the mind.

Wish me all the best, friends :)

Revelations 3:19-21 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door (to your heart) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angeline Choo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Angeline Choo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Angeline Choo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Angeline Choo said...

all the best john!! :)

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks :)

Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home